When I first started working from home the answer to this question is a definite no – I had so many things to think about and get used to as I have made such a major change in my life. I have enjoyed the freedom, but I now need to give myself some focus and manage myself more effectively. One of the reasons I made the change was to have a better work life balance so I feel I need something to give this some focus.
Inspired by Liz Broomfield’s post on how she managed herself when she first moved into full self employment this is my first attempt at some home working resolutions. Thank you Liz for the inspiration, and the support you have given me in making this change.
So what are my resolutions?
- I will speak to someone else every day who is not living in the house with me – face to face will be the ideal, but by social media as a fall back.
- I will have 1 meal a day with the 3 main food types – carbohydrate, vegetables and protein.
- I will exercise for at least 30 minutes every day
- I will have lunch before 2pm every day
- I will do all of the washing up before I go to bed each night
- I will do no more work on my businesses after 9pm in the evening if I have done none work activities during the day and by 7pm if I have been working solidly all day.
- I will drink at least 2 litres of water a day
- I will spend time away from my computer screen for 5 minutes every hour as a minimum
- I will go to an event or social activity not related to my businesses at least once a week
- I will keep up with my friends and family
As recommended by Liz I will do a print out of the daily ones to tick off what I have done each day – at least to start off with while I am forming my new habits.
Wish me luck – and check back to see how I am doing.